ACRN (Australian Cities Research Network) and AECURN (Australian Early Career Urban Research Network) Queensland are organising a symposium to be held in February 2021 and we are inviting ECRs working on areas related to urban environments to add these dates the calendar. The symposium will be fully online and below is a glimpse into what we are preparing.
Tuesday 16th February 2021 – 9am to 12pm
- A series of 10 minute presentations by ECRs studying urban environments.
- If you are interested in presenting please send an abstract of up to 300 words about your research to email@example.com by 1st February 2021.
- The best two papers – chosen by the audience and the symposium organisers – will be invited to join the ACRN panel on Friday 19th February.
- As part of this session we will also have a couple of presentations by inspirational early career researchers.
Friday 19th February 2021 – 10am to 12pm
ACRN seminar and panel
Two keynote speakers (TBC) will discuss current issues impacting the future of our cities. Following these keynote presentations we will have a discussion panel with the speakers and the two awarded AECURN researchers. The audience will also be able to participate and contribute comments and questions.
More information will be available soon. For now, we hope you can lock in these dates on your calendar and join us in February.
AECURN/ACRN Symposium Organising Committee:
- Silvia Tavares (University of the Sunshine Coast)
- Sofie Pringle (Queensland University of Technology)
- Ed Morgan (Griffith University)
- Mimi Tsai (Queensland University of Technology)
- Joanne Dolley (Griffith University)